Old 29-05-2006, 01:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
Elaine

Default "Wild" Pumpkin Vine Question

Hi everybody! Here's a question... I've got a "wild" pumpkin vine that was
growing in my foxglove bed. Seems after talking with my neighbor, he had
given out pumpkins seeds to the birds and squirrels and one found it's way
across the street to my flower bed. (Probably a pesky squirrel. I have had
lots of problems with this Spring.) I suppose he got this from the bird seed
section of the store but I will ask to make sure.
I moved it to a decomposing log pile and leaf area . Anyway my brother "the
farmer of the family" said it would never have orange pumpkins, just green
ones. Anybody know if this is true?
BTY It likes it's new home and is running all over the place.

--
Elaine