Old 29-05-2006, 02:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma

Default Help with identifying this woodland wildflower...

wrote in
ups.com:

I've looked the internet (though not exhaustively) and I
cannot seem to identify this wildflower that I've snapped a
photo of. It was found growing in large patches in a
mountainous, deciduous forest in New Hampshire's Upper
Valley area.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6...00/emunidentif
iedflower.jpg

Any assistance/answers you could provide would be highly
appreciated. Thanks

it's Fringed Polygala (Polygaya pauciflora) aka 'gaywings'.
it's a member of the milkwort family.
lee
--
"Fascism would be better described as corporatism,
since it is marriage between the state and business"