Old 29-05-2006, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Space

Default garden birds

"Sacha Hubbard" wrote in message
al.net...

It certainly is. We get some squirrels here but not many and it's a brave
cat that ventures into our garden, as we have 3 dogs of our own and one

that
visits most days. While I do appreciate that people love their cats,

there
is no doubt that they contribute dreadfully to the loss of wild birds and

wish people could either restrain themselves to owning one at a time, or
putting bells on them.

I am sure I will regret posting this.... but I have three cats. only one
goes out and about hunting. he is the one with the loudest bell on his
collar. we can hear him walking over the field. but I am afraid to say
that my efforts to make birds more aware of his presence is not enough.

we live next to farmland and as a result we get lots of mice and rats. he
catches a fair few rodents on his travels. he's welcome to them so long as
he doesn't bring them in through the cat flap.

could someone recap the telegraph article? the link would not work for me.