Old 29-05-2006, 08:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
David Shepherd

Default Venus Fly Trap being eaten

Thank you to everyone who has given me advice.

I hope there is still time to save the plant.

From now on my plant will get lots of sunlight and humidity. It will be
watered from the bottom using only rain water or distilled water, with no
splashes being allowed to get on the leaves. I will cut off any flowers that
start to appear, and will not let anyone make the traps shut unless there is
something to eat inside.

"David Shepherd" wrote in message
Something is eating my Venus Fly Trap. I don't know what it is. The
existing leaves are being eaten and turning yellow then dying, the new
growth is coming up red but then turning black before the traps have a
chance to open. I can not see anything living in the pot. Is there
anything I can do to kill this pest?