Old 29-05-2006, 08:40 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default keeping koi fry - kiddy pools

*Note: There are two *Koi-Lo's* on the pond and aquaria groups.

wrote in message
ups.com...
thanks for your responce, I guess the bigger the area the eaiser to
clean,I tryed to syphon out but kept sucking out the fry,as they are
only several days old. I will look into a small air driven filter, I do
have an air pump introducing bubbles to the water. will the filter not
suck up the fish???

No. Sponge filters run by air diffuse the suction too much to suck the
babies to the sponge. Be generous and get a LARGE sponge filter. Don't run
it like crazy while they're small because they exhaust easily. Keep it at
one end. They don't like roiling water. They need an area where there's no
current.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.