Old 17-03-2003, 04:44 AM
mmarteen

Default spindly seedlings

It could be too early, it could be too early depending on where he is. I
made the mistake of being over enthusiastic here in zone 4 and starting some
seeds in February one winter and they were way overdue by the time I could
plant them in mid May. They were incredibly "spindly" from lack of natural
light (in spite of the plant light I had on them).

mm

"Alice Gamewell" wrote in message
Cereoid is wrong. Its not too early to start your seeds. I start mine 8
weeks before I set them out.
In the lamp department at my walmart, they sell small flourescent light

lamps
for ten dollars. I bought two and put them over my tomato seedlings. I

grew
some nice transplants from seeds.
Good luck gardening this year.
Alice

videotron wrote:

Having a problem with spindly tomato seedlings - can't get the stems to
thicken up. Would it be a lack of light or too much light that would

cause
this? The seedlings are a couple weeks old and about 3 to 4 inches

tall.
Any ideas?

tks
Paul