Old 29-05-2006, 10:26 PM posted to rec.gardens
Sally

Default wisteria near house

Hi everyone,

I made a lovely/horrifying discovery this year after living here almost 2
yrs.

I have wisteria growing at the base of an addition on my house. There's
already some damage to the corner of the addition.

I tried cutting this thing back before, thinking it was just a weedy vine,
but this year it came back....and then it bloomed. Lovely, fragrant
pendulous blooms!!

I love it and hate it.

I need to kill it once and for all for the sake of my addition, and need
some advice on how.

But also would like some suggestions on taking cuttings/propagating it so I
can plant it elsewhere in my garden.

Thanks for any counselling you can pass along... g

Sally