Old 29-05-2006, 10:26 PM posted to rec.gardens
Mama Bear

Default Hortilux Blue MH?

Has anyone here used the Hortilux Blue MH lamps?

I have a plant stand on a south side window, the only available
window for it in this house. It gets decent sunlight from about
September through mid-April, then it loses it.

I'm presenly using a dual F40T12 fixture to cover two shelves of
gloxinias and one kalanchoe that someone gave me, but has never
bloomed indoors due to the low light. The top shelf is doing ok
but not the bottom.

I'm thinking of switching to a 150 watt MH lamp and fixture. I
read at http://www.futuregarden.com/lighting...ing_lamps.html
that the Hortilux Blue is supposed to be really good, but do they
make them in 150 watts? I don't think I need 400 watts, and all
that expense, I can't afford it, just to cover a couple of plant
stand shelves. ( a 4' long and maybe 14" wide area altogether )

Does Hortilux make the Blue MH in 150 watt?

Or other cost effective suggestions for me?

Thanks!

--
- Mama Bear