Old 29-05-2006, 11:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
bobc

Default Lockhartia oerstdetii

Hi Gary!
I can't look on abpo. I tried a couple time but get lost and confused.
I'll try again. According to Rebecca Northen (Miniature Orchids), L.
oerstedii has short leaves making a very narrow stem. The complicated
2cm flowers come singly or in pairs. They are elongated. It is native
from Mexico to Panama A dainty plant. She says it can flower
throughout the year - that'll be cool.
According to her "Home Orchid Growing" it is the Lockhartia most often
seen in collections.
If I can get to your picture, I'll let you know if it looks like mine.
If the flowers are round then it's not L. oerstedii.