Old 29-05-2006, 11:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
John Varigos

Default Lockhartia oerstdetii

For those who can't access abpo, all photos posted are on the web at
http://www.usenet-replayer.com/cgi/c...ctures.orchids

Just enter "alt.binaries.pictures.orchids" in the "Search For" field, choose
how many images you want from the drop down menu and hit "start searching".

Viola!!

Cheers

John

"bobc" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi Gary!
I can't look on abpo. I tried a couple time but get lost and confused.
I'll try again. According to Rebecca Northen (Miniature Orchids), L.
oerstedii has short leaves making a very narrow stem. The complicated
2cm flowers come singly or in pairs. They are elongated. It is native
from Mexico to Panama A dainty plant. She says it can flower
throughout the year - that'll be cool.
According to her "Home Orchid Growing" it is the Lockhartia most often
seen in collections.
If I can get to your picture, I'll let you know if it looks like mine.
If the flowers are round then it's not L. oerstedii.