Old 30-05-2006, 12:00 AM posted to austin.gardening
Linda

Default poor plant growth...San Antonio

Thanks for your response. I'm sorry I was not more specific. All those
things were planted in large pots - nothing but Miracle Gro potting
soil. Pretty sure I kept things watered enough. Thank you for all your
instructions on how to prepare flower beds here. The soil here
(northeast San Antonio) is more like rock! Yucky beige/tan hard
clay-like stuff. I don't know how the stuff that passes for grass
hereabouts grows in it ;-)

Later in your response you said NOT to use Miracle Gro fertilizer?
Isn't it the good stuff? Or is that just the publicity hype?

Thanks again.