Old 30-05-2006, 11:35 AM posted to rec.gardens
Sally

Default peach leaf curl - how late is too late?

The tree's probably about 5 or 6 years old. It hasn't borne fruit in the
last few years because of the curl, and no, never treated it.

Sally

"sherwindu" wrote in message
Sally,
Have you sprayed with any fungicide, as suggested? You don't mention
the age
of
the tree. Is it continuing to bear fruit?

Sherwin D.

Sally wrote:

We have a tree that's had this about 3 seasons now. I don't think
there's a
healthy leaf on this thing now and are considering taking it down.

Is it worth trying to save it by treating for it now? Or should we just
go
ahead and chop it down?

Sally

"Sodbuster7!" wrote in message
What you are describing is Peach Leaf Curl. The pictures displayed in
some of the postings are extreme cases, and likely as not yours will
not be this pronounced. Some peach varieties are less susceptible to
the disease than others.

Regardless, to what commercial chemicals manufactures advertise as a
cure. I have found, over the years, dealing with this disease, there
is only one satisfactory cure I have found. It is Copper, and must be
applied during dormancy. I use Ortho brand, and the name of it is
"Copper". I have used other fungicides but with only limited success.

I apply it twice a year, once after leaf fall, and again just before
bud swell.

If there is only a few leaves that are infected, harvest(pick) them
and get them away from the tree. Sometimes you can limit the spread
until dormit spraying time.

Have a good day-SodB!
On 28 May 2006 10:34:04 -0700, wrote:

Each year the leaves of my dwarf peach tree develope red blisters.
I took a leaf to a local garden shop and they didn't know how it was
happening. I can send a picture if needed.