Old 30-05-2006, 02:14 PM posted to rec.ponds
Derek Broughton

Default Frogs in ponds

scs0 wrote:

The only thing my pond attracts that sounds worse than a tree frog is
toads, but I've only had 1 night of toads in the pond.

Worse? The eastern (Gray?) Tree Frogs that I used to get were far worse
than toads. A toad can only trill for about 10-15 seconds (though they
don't take much of a breath before the next round!) but the tree frogs go
much longer _and_ louder. Still I love the sound. Right now, the Spring
Peepers (and an occasional toad) are deafening around my house.
--
derek