Old 29-05-2006, 09:46 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
RB

Default Craftsman GT 5000 Deck Problems

We just bought a hydro 54" deck Craftsman for mowing at our church. We have
5 acres. We also have new Cub Cadet ZRT 50. I like 'em both.

However, both have quit, with 9mos service on 'em. Like you said, we're
right in the thick of things with the yards.

Our Craftsman engine quit. I changed the air filter and plugs. Both plugs
were oil fouled. One was wet. Not good. Hope it's rings that haven't
seated yet. Fired it back up. Ran sort of OK, but not totally right. If I
can keep it going, I'm gonna run it 'til it quits, and then the warranty
guys will have the problem.

The Cub Cadet mows great, but recently started losing power on the left
pump. Should get it back from the shop next week. Not sure what the fix
was.

No Craftsman deck problems yet. They're pretty light and thin, though.