Old 30-05-2006, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Philippe Gautier

Default Plant ID update! Ceanothus?

Space wrote:
"Philippe Gautier" ttp://www.gogo.me.uk/garden/May_June05/pages/IMG_1057.htm

is in my garden in Bruntsfield: VERY cold and VERY damp, almost no sun
at all (maybe an hour max in summer). On the other hand, it is probably
quite well protected from frost. It's going to be very nice this year
(flower starting to bloom just now)

Philippe

Philippe

your garden is fantastic. I went through all the photos, even of your
previous gardens. well done.

now, fancy a trip every weekend to my house in Liverpool to give me guidance
on mine??

actually you have inspired me to log what I do or don't in my garden along
with photos. maybe I will learn that way.

Thank you so much! Actually I should update the website with this year's
pictures... There's been a lot of trial/errors and it's not what I would
call an easy garden. Like I said it is very damp and cold and at least
half of it has no sun at all whatsoever, the other half get one hour in
srping/summer. Yet, some exotic-looking plants like the Fatsi japonica
or Rodgersias are growing like mad in the coldest (but relatively
frost-sheltered) corner...
The other BIG problems are slugs and snails. I have thousands and
thousands of them, no matter how many traps I put everywhe I learned
how to choose the plants that they don't like!

Philippe