Old 30-05-2006, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gardening_Convert

Default Replacing dead plants

I bought some Hellebore's during a recent'ish visit to Wisley and to my
surprise the lady servicing told me of the fact that if I keep the
receipt I would be able to take them back if they died. Well I don't
think I would ever do that because in most cases surely it would be the
customer who has killed it by neglect , i.e. putting it in the wrong
place, incorrect watering etc. I know I wouldn't want to go though the
embarresment of being told it was somthing I had done to kill the
plant. As said previously in this thread , I would just want to learn
from the situation understand why I it had died and try to do better
next time.

Myself and my wife buy plants from many , many different places and
would find it impossible to remember where we have bought things from.

I guess the only exception to this would be if I'd spent a lot of money
on one particular specimen plant such as a bamboo or an Acer etc as I
would always resource how to look after such a plant or even ask the
nursery . So I would be more certain that it wasn't me who had killed
it.

But I'm a completely reasonable person (well most of the time) some
people are not !!

Gardening after all , well for me is ALWAYS a learning process and you
don't learn unless you are willing to make mistakes and to accept the
consequences.