Old 30-05-2006, 09:07 PM posted to austin.gardening
David

Default poor plant growth...San Antonio

Celeste Evans wrote:
Well, I have to disagree. I have always found Victor to be helpful, if
a bit terse at times. Remember that this is the internet and you are
not in front of someone. Bad day at work, but just wanted to make sure
he got you the info, or whatever. Any number of reasons for a short
reply. His information is always well seasoned if a bit peppery for
your taste. Remember that this is Texas and we like a bit of heat. :-)
Welcome to Texas ya'll, we don't hate Yankees, but sometimes we have a
little fun with them. Settle down and enjoy the heat and you'll
probably find that we don't bite, but we might bark. Actually a pretty
friendly place.

Cea

Cea,

Granted, Victor is a bit mellower than he was, say, on
alt.food.mexican-cooking, when he was a grad student from Mexico at UT
Austin (Have you read the way he treated people then?), but please
don't generalize about people who live here. We're not all one "we."

It isn't necessary to be nasty to people, or even to have "a little fun
with them" just because they don't happen to agree with the way you
think, and because they don't happen to live in Texas.

David in San Antonio