Old 31-05-2006, 02:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
Tom J

Default what kind of tree

Fragile Warrior wrote:

They call them "Tulip Poplars" here in Indiana. They have very soft
wood. We had a HUGE one (3' in diameter at the base) come crashing
down in a storm that wasn't all that bad. I'd avoid having a big
one
near anything valuable.

I live just north of Atlanta, GA and have 1 on the back of my property
that is over 5 feet in Dia. & around 80 feet tall with the 1st limbs
above 50 feet. It would make a lot of furniture framing!!! Hope it
falls towards the woods if it ever comes down, because it would reach
the house.

--
Tom J
Some mistakes are too much fun