Old 31-05-2006, 02:52 AM posted to rec.gardens
Elaine

Default Ground cover suggestion

How about Lamiastrum galeobdolon (Yellow Archangel).
I have tons of it in my shade woodland garden as a ground cover.
I have been yanking it out for two weeks from places it is not suppose to be
when I divided and transplanted my hostas this spring. If you lived close by
I would gladly give you as much as you wanted.

It is not picky about soil and is drought tolerate. Pretty little yellow
blooms in the spring.

Elaine
"Carl 1 Lucky Texan" wrote in message
om...
Well, the lamium I planted is dead(2 differetn cultivars). So, if I have
an area where Elephant ears seem to do well, but is either too shady or
too moist(most likely) (or a combination) for lamium - what would you guys
suggest?

(approx. zone 8b or sunset 33 I think)

Carl
1 Lucky Texan