Old 31-05-2006, 01:27 AM posted to aus.gardens
Yau-ming Chiam

Default Do Worm castings contain worm eggs?

"LindaB" wrote in message
If you have any worms at all, they will find them. If you don't, you
might have to consider serious options like covering somwhere down the
back with newspapers and soaking that with water, eventually a few may
appear under there you can transfer. Or find a friend with plenty and
transfer some. Better not dig up the Park.

Thanks Linda- but will the newspaper trick work for nightcrawlers?

Getting tigers/red wrigglers -compost worms- are no problem. My garden shop
sells them by the bucket full. And I've got hundreds of them now in my
compost bin.

Nightcrawlers on the other hand I have virtually none.

I discovered that the people who owned this property before me- placed a
thick black plastic sheet over the entire garden- and must have killed all
the earthworms. I'm now in the process of removing the black plastic. ;(

The reason why I want them- nightcrawlers, earthworms- are for the benefits
of deep soil improvement.

Cheers

WW