Old 30-05-2006, 11:59 PM posted to austin.gardening
Victor Martinez

Default Shade + Large Dog = New Grass Needed

wrote:
1. What sort of grass should I use? I've got St. Augestine, and it's
not standing up to the dog. I've heard a lot about Zoysia and am
leaning toward that.

Zoysia grasses are really awesome, though I'm not sure they've quite
bred one that is dog-proof.

2. What sort of compost should I use? Given the smell and the dog, I'm
leaning away from the pure cow manure solution.

Compost made from manure does not smell like manure, it smells like
dirt. Geo growers and The Natural Gardener both make very good products,
check them out.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he