Old 30-05-2006, 11:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Crag

Default Tree still rocking

On Tue, 30 May 2006 18:46:42 GMT Chris Hogg wrote in
:

On 30 May 2006 16:25:09 GMT, Crag wrote:

Evening,

12-18 months ago I planted an apple tree (Malice- John Downey, 10-12
feet) however it still rocks about in its original root ball. It is
growing well and has just had masses of blossom on it so, health-wise,
it appears to be ok.

I have planted another tree since and that's as solid as a rock so I
was wondering what the problem, and solution to, is with the JD.

Thanks,
Crag

Stake it, with a whacking great stake driven in at an angle so as not
to damage the roots,

\|
\
|\