Old 31-05-2006, 03:09 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Cannas - overwintering in ground

*Note: There are two *Koi-Lo's* on the pond and aquaria groups

"Mike C" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am trying cannas in my pond for the first time. I have read they are
hardy to Zone 7. Since I heat my pond to keep it from freezing (I am in
zone 5) and Zone 7 is down to 10 degrees F, it seems to me that I
should be able to leave them in the pond over the winter. Any comments?

I grow cannas around the pond but not in it. They survive winters here in
zone 6 without a covering. It can get down to zero here in the winter.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.