Old 31-05-2006, 04:29 AM posted to austin.gardening
Victor Martinez

Default poor plant growth...San Antonio-Mr. Martinez

Linda wrote:
Well, Mr. Martinez, I have to admit you hurt my feelings. I thought it

I apologize for that. My tone was indeed abrupt and I neglected to take
your feelings into consideration.

experts to visit with each other, I'll butt out and stay gone. I am not
an expert and don't want to be one. I just want to be able to play with
my plants and see them succeed.

Most of us are not experts, but rather amateurs always looking to
exchange information with like-minded individuals.

as well as the spaced out plants. Maybe that won't work here. The things
I had planted in pots up there were in Miracle Grow potting soil and did
fine. Again, maybe that won't work well here. Lesson learned.

Miracle Grow is a medium loaded with artificial/synthetic additives. You
will find that many, if not most of the regulars here, practice a more
natural approach to gardening, avoiding all kinds of artificial stuff
and favoring the use of natural fertilizers. Which is what prompted my
contemptuous remark, which I again apologize for.
So, in a nutshell, the information I tried to convey in my original
response is:
1. Growing corn and sunflowers in pots is not really practical.
2. Miracle Gro is not something I recommend or would ever use.

Cheers.

Victor

ps- don't take things personally when accessing usenet newsgroups.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he