Old 31-05-2006, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Hubbard

Default Ivy - how do i remove for good?

On Tue, 30 May 2006 23:07:18 +0100, VisionSet wrote
(in article ):

"Sacha Hubbard" wrote in message
al.net...

(Beware of advice from people who don't know anything about gardening!)

I do, I was being modest!
As you should well know, Glyphosate only affects the plant you treat and is
deactivated on contact with soil. I used to be an analytical chemist also,
so you could even say I'm an expert.

--
Mike W

That does not make you an expert at gardening, though. If you have wide
flower beds with a mass of close planting in them, there is a danger from
weed killers affecting other plants nearby. That is why urglers recommend
the plastic bag method, first mentioned here by Judith Lea, I think. If,
OTOH, you're the sort of gardener who likes to leave bare earth around each
plant, you're probably safe using glyphosate or using it under e.g. a
specimen tree or shrub, planted alone.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk