Old 31-05-2006, 08:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

Default Ivy - how do i remove for good?

In article ,
"VisionSet" writes:

| I do, I was being modest!
| As you should well know, Glyphosate only affects the plant you treat and is
| deactivated on contact with soil. I used to be an analytical chemist also,
| so you could even say I'm an expert.

Doubtless. I could also say that Tony Blair is an expert on constitutional
reform.

As you will know, deactivation is not necessarily irreversible or entirely
neutral. The questions are what the glyphosate reacts with, how that
complex is degraded (including whether its binding can be reversed), what
it degrades into, and so on until the final results have clearly understood
properties (which effectively means only things that occur commonly and
naturally).

A few years ago, I spent some time trying to track this little lot down,
and didn't get very far. If the answers were known, they didn't appear
to be published anywhere that was widely abstracted.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.