Old 31-05-2006, 11:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

Default Plant IDs please - worrisit ?

"adm" wrote in message
Dear all,

A few more plant IDs if you'd be so kind....

Some of these I want to get rid of, others I just want to know what they
are. Sorry - I don't know much about plants....

Photos are he

The first one is two plants growing in a bed. One with coarse leaves, the
other with fine leaves and little white flowers. OK - there's more than 2
different plants growing there, but 2 main ones....
http://adm.smugmug.com/gallery/1401195/1/72550441

Next up is a big tall gangly thing that looks as if it's about to flower.
Currently the flower tips are about 5 feet high.
http://adm.smugmug.com/gallery/1401195/1/72550446

For your pleasure, a thistly/ferny looking plant growing well in the
rockery (growing so well, you can't see any rocks....)
http://adm.smugmug.com/gallery/1401195/1/72550453

Next suspect is a horrible looking thing. Kind of hempy looking long
fingered leaves and an almost segmented looking main stem. Sickly light
green flower heads, but never seems to actually flower. This is quite
invasive, but is pulled up easily.
http://adm.smugmug.com/gallery/1401195/1/72550462

This one is an almost cactussy looking thing. Thick leaves, almost dusty
green in colour.
http://adm.smugmug.com/gallery/1401195/1/72550471

Finally, a lovely big purple flowering tree/bush/thing. This looks
spectacular in is about 10 feet tall.
http://adm.smugmug.com/gallery/1401195/1/72550373

Well - any help gratefully received. I have an RHS plant encyclopedia, but
can seem to identify anything from it - all the pictures show flowers, and
none of these plants have any (apart from the purple tree/bush)..... Is
there an online resource anyone knows of to identify plants just from
their leaves and shape ?

441 Coarse veined leaf =Lamium (dead nettle)
White flower looks like a forget-me-not (a white one)
446 = Not telling you yet
453=Acanthus
462=Hellebore
471=Sedum Autumn spectabile/Joy