Old 31-05-2006, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rob Barrett

Default undeveloped radish roots

Some of my radishes (scarlet globe) do just fine, but many develop lots
of large leaves without the root ever swelling into a radish. I've
tended to leave these, thinking the root would eventually develop, but
most don't seem to. So I eventually pull them up and compost them. Any
suggestions?

Various data: They are in full sun. The good ones and bad ones are all
growing in the same area. I have heavy clay soil that's slightly
alkaline. Located in the northeast of England. Had the same problem
last year.

TIA,
Rob