Old 31-05-2006, 07:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
Pete E. Kruzer

Default POOR CUTTING TORO QUESTION

Tom J wrote:

I've done that for years, except I have more like an inch higher in
the rear. It keeps the blade cutting only at the leading edge in the
direction you are going MOST of the time, and keeps it from trying to
keep cutting and throwing those chunks of grass when backing up. Try
it. You may like the results.

Tom J

____Reply Separator_____

Thanks for the suggestion! I take it by doing this it doesn't have any
effect on the mulching feature. The reason I asked this question was
due to the fact that the answers from Toro seemed to be generic for all
their mowers. For instance:

-Operate the machine at full throttle.

____Reply Separator_____

My Toro doesn't have a throttle. It has one speed, that being full
speed.

-Alternate mowing direction to keep the grass standing straight - this
helps disperse clippings, which enhances decomposition and
fertilization.

____Reply Separator_____

I don't disperse the clippings, I want to mulch them. If I wanted to
disperse them, I wouldn't have bought a mulching mower.