Old 31-05-2006, 04:18 PM posted to rec.ponds
Derek Broughton

Default Cannas - overwintering

~ janj wrote:

Hi Mike, Below is an article I wrote up for my koi club newsletter. I do
have one thing to add. I gave a conditioned canna to a friend for her
B-day, she left it in the pond all winter, thought it was dead, set it off
to the side (out of the pond) and found it growing 2 weeks later. She does
not heat her pond and we had some really cold temps last winter. Needless
to say I am amazed. She has since dumped it, without conditioning it, back
in the pond. Ignorance is bliss.

At the least, it reduces stress levels :-)
--
derek