Old 31-05-2006, 05:16 PM posted to rec.ponds
PlainBill

Default Frogs in ponds

On Mon, 29 May 2006 22:28:25 -0700, ~ janj
wrote:

Right now I have a container of 11 tree frogs to relocate 3 miles from
my house. I *HATE* tree frogs - they are extremely loud and obnoxious.

I'm not saying nothin'. ~ jan

And here I sit wanting toads, tree frogs, and green frogs, and I get nada.
Seven springs now. Unfair!
Alan

And I can't understand why any one would be upset with the music of randy
frogs.... the problem as I see it is, people get bothered by 1 or 2,
because they sound like kids jumping on old-style bed springs. If they'd
let the numbers build up it becomes white noise.

Too bad original poster doesn't live next to my neighbors who also hate
frogs, so I have to go out and catch my tree frogs once the numbers go
above 2.

If they were smart they'd put in their own pond, that way they couldn't
hear my frogs over their own. hehehe. ;o) ~ jan

-----------------

The problem is some people want some fantasy version of nature like in
a Disney cartoon. They haven't grown up enough to understand that
nature isn't like 'Bambi'.

My brother lives about 5 miles from the nearest town. Deer wander
across his yard - and browse in his garden. Frogs live in the low
spot in the pasture and eat insects - and sing at night. He'd rather
have to buy vegtables in town than live in town. He figures deer are
better neighbors than people.

My in-laws bought some lakeshore land and were upset when they
discovered that along with the view and the ocassional waterfowl they
also got frogs, insects, muskrats, pocket gophers, a few racoons, and
a lot of obnoxious fishermen who didn't understand the concept of
'Private Property'. A few discussions with the sheriff and game
warden solved the fisheman problem, but they never came to terms with
the wildlife.

Myself, I've got a trumpet vine growing near the koi pond. In
addition to providing shade and beautiful orange flowers, it attracts
hummingbirds and bees. Since both seem to ignore me, they don't upset
me, but a relative wants me to get rid of the vines because she knows
someone allergic to bees. I suggested she could always stay away,
that way she wouldn't have to worry about the bees.

PlainBill