Old 31-05-2006, 05:22 PM posted to rec.ponds
Mike C

Default Cannas - overwintering

I will introduce them slowly. I am assuming that if the temp is warm
enough, I can keep them in the water year roudn after they are
conditioned?

Phyllis and Jim wrote:
Introduce them slowly so they do not drown. They will die back over
winter. We have had them do nicely in the ground. Never tried the pond
for them.

Jim

Mike C wrote:
I am trying cannas in my pond for the first time. I have read they are
hardy to Zone 7. Since I heat my pond to keep it from freezing (I am in
zone 5) and Zone 7 is down to 10 degrees F, it seems to me that I
should be able to leave them in the pond over the winter. Any comments?