Old 31-05-2006, 03:17 PM posted to austin.gardening
Scott Harper

Default Shade + Large Dog = New Grass Needed

In article , Jangchub wrote:
On Wed, 31 May 2006 12:02:27 GMT, "Jonny"
wrote:

1. The Palmetto and Raleigh varieties of St. Augustine. The regular strain
is not shade tolerant. Zoysia is poor in shade tolerance.

All varieties will tolerate full sun or full shade.

I agree, the El Toro/Palisades Zoysia that I started from plugs is thriving,
and spreading, in the shade where even St. Augustine would have a hard time.
I have no experience on the dog tolerance issue though...

scott