Old 31-05-2006, 07:57 PM posted to triangle.gardens

Default New Blackberry bush dying, what now?

On 2006-05-30, IPFreeley wrote:
I bought a small blackberry bush and planted it about two weeks ago
following the directions on the tag that came with it. I mixed in some
potting soil with the all clay ground, watered it, and made sure everything
was tamped down. The plant's leaves are starting to curl and I've made sure
to water it every day or two and have tried some liquid fertlizer too. What

Every day or two is probably too much. Deep watering once per week
(1-1.5 inches) is sufficient. If we get that much rain then don't water
that week.

Unfortunately after two weeks the roots have probably rotted. The leave
curl because they are giving off water but the roots are gone and can't
provide water.

Stop watering for a week, and it may recover. We had a pot drain to
plug and killed a spruce in a week because it had standing water in
thepot the whole time. You may get lucky and it may recover.
am I doing wrong?

Also, any ideas on why a blueberry bush does not seem to be growing? It's
the same size as the last two years and the number of berries is not higher
either.

is a garbage address.