Old 31-05-2006, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Advice required - Which climber?

Hope somebody can offer advice on which climber I should choose.

I have a small bed at the base of the north-east corner of my house.
The area gets the sun from 4pm in the summertime but no real sunlight
in winter. A previous climber (unknown variety) there has died probably
because the local cats dig it up and use it as a toilet.

I'm looking for suggestions. Something quite vigourous, flowering,
perhaps evergreen, which is hard to kill but won't knock the house
down.

Current candidates Clematis Montana, Honeysuckle

Many thanks