Old 31-05-2006, 09:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

Default POOR CUTTING TORO QUESTION

"Pete E. Kruzer" wrote in message
ups.com...

I don't disperse the clippings, I want to mulch them. If I wanted to
disperse them, I wouldn't have bought a mulching mower.

Dispersing....mulching....same thing, when you're talking about mowers. They
should really be called "pulverizing mowers". Oh well. The mower's supposed
to keep the clipping briefly suspended under the deck for further chopping,
and then disperse them. If they weren't dispersed, the deck would fill with
grass after about 30 feet of mowing. And, the word "mulching" does not apply
to the mower chopping up the grass. It means to apply any substance to soil
or lawn for better growth.