Old 31-05-2006, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default what veg to plant at this late stage ?

writes
More radishes; lettuce, broad beans, spinach, cabbage, broccoli,
cauliflower, peas, beetroot, runner beans, French beans, will all be
fine planted now.You could even plant some potatoes.

It's usual to plant at staggered intervals so that cropping spans a
longer period.

I think I might go for spinach, however many of my other veg appear to
have little holes in the leaves and I fear that any spinach would go
the same way. The others are mainly root veg, so I dont see the leaf
holes as an issue; but spinach would be another matter.

Why? Spinach cooks down to a pulp - you wouldn't even see the holes!

--
Kay