Old 31-05-2006, 11:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

Default Wigelia - move

"Ornata" wrote in message
ups.com...

notpastityet? wrote:
I have a garden which I did not create.

In it there is a wigelia. Its by a coal bunker, not a good position as it
was constantly getting broken down , so I chopped it! I had thought it
would die but now its growing back from the base.

Can I move it? How wide is the root system likely to be? Will it stand
being dug up and shifted?

Its probably a few years old - at least seven I would imagine.

I've moved one several times, at different times of the year, and it
never complained. (I've got rid of it completely now, because in my
opinion they are sprawling, ugly brutes and I hate the combination my
one had of deep pink buds and sickly pale pink flowers.)

Quite true of some but there are many to choose from which are very neat and
have different colours. There is a small white variety which is very neat
and looks like a fluffy snowball at this time of year--I can't remember the
exact name.