Old 31-05-2006, 11:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Hubbard

Default Plant IDs please - worrisit ?

On Wed, 31 May 2006 22:35:59 +0100, Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) wrote
(in article ):

"Sacha Hubbard" wrote in message
al.net...
On Wed, 31 May 2006 12:19:17 +0100, Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) wrote
(in article ):

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
441 Coarse veined leaf =Lamium (dead nettle)
White flower looks like a forget-me-not (a white one)
446 = Not telling you yet
453=Acanthus
462=Hellebore
471=Sedum Autumn spectabile/Joy
373 =Syringia =Lilac

Where did you get those numbers from!?!? 453 Acanthus off course!! Not
sure about the Hellebore though ... and I'm not sure about your number
so I don't know what you are referring to ))

The numbers are the last 3 digits of the URL--I think.
Flowers are Hellebore-perhaps leaves belong to something else but they
too
look ok to me. It's probably H. foetidus or similar
http://adm.smugmug.com/gallery/1401195/1/72550462

Yes, I'm sure that's right.

Are you going to tell us what the big tall thingy is? :-)
http://adm.smugmug.com/gallery/1401195/1/72550446
Hint:-It is not an Aquilegia

Thalictrum flavium glauca.

Spoil sport:-) You deprived La Puce of a micromoment of Glory.

Tsk. I'm using a new newsreader and am, I hope, becoming slowly accustomed
to it. In the meantime, certain nuances may be lost to me......and clearly
that was one of them! We have that plant in the garden and its cousin
"Hewitt's Double'. I'm tempted to start a book on how many people tell us
each year that it's a type of Gypsophila.
However, to go back to the queries of the original poster, I would suggest
that he doesn't nuke his garden just yet. Looks like the previous owner had
some plant knowledge and some unusual plants in there.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk