Old 01-06-2006, 12:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Hubbard

Default Replacing dead plants

On Wed, 31 May 2006 18:15:33 +0100, Andy wrote
(in article ):

"Sacha Hubbard" wrote in message
al.net...

snip And for two good evenings out with
delicious food, try two entirely different places - The First and Last at
Ermington with its wonderful "built after lunch" crooked spire church and
Bickley Mill at Bickley, near Ipplepen. And for that matter our own very
local is excellent and always busy and popular, The Live and Let Live.

Thanks for that Sacha, I know the First and Last, though haven't been there
since they gave it a coat of paint on the outside, but I haven't heard of
the Bickley Mill at Ipplepen, nor the Live and Let Live. I'll put them on my
list of places to try out, along with Sharpham Valley Vineyard.

The First and Last is extremely good. It's bistro-ish in ambience and has
some Greek food in the menu - the husband is Greek and is the chef. We like
it very much. Bickley Mill was one of those terribly sad coach party type
pubs for years but has been bought, rejigged and turned into something rather
stylish with very good food. I wish I could speak for Riverford's canteen
but their standards in all other areas are high so I would expect that to be,
too. And yes, I think you will enjoy the two last, though they are entirely
different. We're very lucky with a great diversity of eating places round
here.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk