Old 01-06-2006, 11:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pat Kiewicz

Default Fertilizing tomatoes

richardg said:

I have read that it is a good idea to fertilize tomatoes plants when
they are starting to set fruit.
My tomaoes are in cages and are grown through holes in black plastic.
It is very difficult for me to scratch in dry fertilizer. Could I use a
liquid fertilizer instead (miracle gro?) and spray it at the base of
the plant.

Well, I tend to give my a good dose of Tomato-tone (by Espoma) when
transplanting, then foliar feed with Maxicrop (a seaweed spray) during the
season.

(attributed to Don Marti)