Old 01-06-2006, 02:19 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub

Default Shade + Large Dog = New Grass Needed

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 11:21:07 GMT, "Jonny"
wrote:

"Jangchub" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 00:27:18 GMT, "Jonny"
wrote:

Evidently, am not one with the same opinion.
http://www.millergrass.com/varieties.htm

The first statement on the website is saying St. Augustine is selected
for it's shade tolerance. What part is not in agreement with what I
said?

Not sure what you said, you left that out in your last response. Your
response before seemed to respond to zoysia from where I read it. But you
left that out to, interesting.

Both cows and horses may eat foliage that may contain seed. Whether
either
animal contacts seed is controllable. Saying horse only is rather
suggestive that cows don't. Both cannot digest unchewed seeds. Horse
manure is more fertile, more likely to burn if applied directly.

Which is why I said cow manure is much better than horse manure.

You never said why, then went on about seeds. Confusing at the least. But
that information is gone now as was not included in your last response,
interesting.

Where's the argument? Cows absolutely do chew their seeds. They have
grinding back teeth and they eat and chew their cud for hours and
hours. They also have multiple stomachs, which horses don't.

What's with the attitude? Your information was not correct. Nothing
is lost, if you'd like me to repost what I said, I will.

The fact is, cows absolutely digest differently than horses, rendering
99% of weed seeds not viable. AND all varieties of St. Augustine are
absolutely shade tolerant.

Both of these answers are different than yours. I have the facts, you
have...who knows what.