Old 01-06-2006, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Corfield

Default Snails, where art thou?

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 15:29:14 +0100, Rob Barrett
wrote:

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The question for urglers is; where does the UK's Big Rapacious Snail
zone start and finish? With global warming, are they advancing
northwards?

I had bazillions of gray, walnut-sized snails last year but managed to
get them under control through various means.

What means? I am plagued with the big walnut sized ones.

This year they have
largely been replaced by slugs of every variety -- huge to tiny, black
to yellowish, long to round. I think I preferred the snails since they
had built-in handles....

I also have all those varieties of slug as well. :-(
--
Paul C