Old 02-06-2006, 01:31 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Gene Schurg

Default New Phrags

I'm with everyone else on the light!

I used to grow my phrags at the lower light area of the greenhouse. I had
great leaves most of the time until they got floppy from trying to reach for
more light. Last year I moved them to the top shelf of the greenhouse where
they get lots of light.....as much as the catts! Now I get good strong
growth that doesn't flop. I had some great blooms this past year.

They are at the end of the GH closest to the swamp cooler so it is a bit
cooler near them when it's really hot.

Give them bright light!

Good Growing,
Gene

"LISA HOLMES" wrote in message
Hi Folks,

I have bought 2 new phragmipediums and 1 paph.

Phrag. longifolium 'Green Vista'
Phrag. pearcei 'Birchwood'
Paph. rothschildianum 'Spot' x self

I have had good luck under lights with paphs and have tried the phrags in
the past with no luck. I live on the Gulf Coast close to Houston were it

is
humid, hot, and wet most of the time. Do I need to keep the phrags

sitting
in a saucer of water? Should I keep them inside under my light stand?

I've
got good advice here before and thought I would try again.

Thanks,
Lisa Holmes