Old 01-06-2006, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Klara

Default a lawn of weeds....help!

wrote:
we have been in our house for 3 years and have never been brave enough
to tackle the garden. its gotten progressively worse and is nice
basically all weeds, which i embarrasingly cut every copule of weeks.
We are getting married later this year and dont have the money or time
to do much in the garden now until next year.

In message .com, La
Puce writes

If you apply weed killer now, it
will look awful for the rest of the year if you don't do anything else.

Yes, it will look really terrible and depressing. If you just keep
mowing, on the other hand, it will gradually weaken the weeds. If you
could manage to cut it every week, especially now for the next six weeks
or so, then it could look really quite respectable until you get around
to getting it done.

--
Klara, Gatwick basin