Old 02-06-2006, 05:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Bob Walsh

Default New Phrags

I have a 'longifolium' and several other Phrags in some of Ray's semi-hydro
pots. The potting mix is 1/3 each of charcoal, rock wool, and perlite.
The 'longifolium' blooms regularly starting around January until October or
November or whenever I cut the spike because its getting too long. Around 4
or 5 feet last year.

I have other Phrags in some of Ray's pots in his semi-hydro media and they
seem to be doing well. Only one is large enough to bloom so far and it is a
Phrag Chuck Acker. It bloomed well in January of this year and has many new
growths growing now. I'm looking forward to Jan of '07 or whenever it
decides to bloom.

All of my orchids are under lights, about 1,500 watts worth in a 9' X 12'
area in my basement in MN.
Bob