Old 02-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Antonia Antonia is offline
Registered User

Default Acer Palmatum troubles

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and very new to gardening too!

Please could someone advise me? I have an Acer Palmatum tree in a large stone tub on my patio, and it's not looking very happy - its leaves are all soft and floppy, and are just hanging limply from the branches. I'm keeping it well-watered, so I don't know what else could be causing this.

Should I plant the acer in the ground rather than keeping it in a tub? The patio faces east and gets full sun from about 7am until 3 or 4pm - should I move the acer so it has more shade? (Nb the leaves aren't scorched). Do I need to feed it anything special?

Thanks for any advice!

Antonia in Shropshire