Old 02-06-2006, 01:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Penelope Periwinkle

Default Question regarding black plastic

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 06:42:55 -0500, "Kate"
(please ask) wrote:

The weedcloth (WalMart - $10 for about 120' x 3') says it's good for
several years and it lets moisture and nutrients in. I think the straw will
help keep the soil from heating up too much too.

The weed paper itself is good for years, but you might have to take it
up to keep things like crab grass from growing right over top of it.
And lemon basil has been know to sprout on top of it, and put roots
right down through it, but lemon basil runs amok in my yard.

www.selby.ws/images/garden.jpg

Nice garden! I wished mine looked as tidy.

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"