Old 02-06-2006, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
les

Default Sorbus leaves going yellow

"Sacha Hubbard" wrote in message
al.net...
On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 12:09:35 +0100, les wrote
(in article ):

snip

A few years ago a young tree died on me (not in the same location as my
current problem). When I dug it up I found that the roots were bone dry.
thought that I had watered it enough. This time I have been particularly
careful to make sure that it did not suffer from lack of water and now I
have the opposite problem. You just cannot win!!

Les

You could always use the hosepipe in the ground method for things you
plant
in future. Put a length of hosepipe into the ground beside your new,
young
tree and water through that. The water goes directly to the roots.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

I never thought of that. Thanks for the advice.

Les