Old 02-06-2006, 02:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ann Heanes

Default Here comes summer!

Lovely & sunny here in Reading and I'm on a weeks holiday next week.
Grannie Annie
"Broadback" wrote in message
Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
"DavePoole Torquay" wrote in message
ups.com...
It rose to the mid 20's here yesterday and by 8.30 am today it had
reached 21C and is rising fast. At last some decent warm weather and
better still, there's a southerly airflow settling over this part of
the south coast with more of the same for the new 4 or 5 days.

Well it's not half bad up here too. All five cats have taken up their
strategic sunbathing positions. I will probably have to join them cos my
back has not yet recovered from digging big holes for big plants.

Perhaps I
might manage to declutter the house of all those plants that have been
waiting for a few sunny days (a sure way to get a frost forecast)

If bl**dy freezing here in North Staffordshire. All I can say thank
goodness for global warming else we would be up to our knees in snow and
sub zero temperatures. :-)